August 28, 2014
Ocean Breeze Recovery invites applications for the positions of:
Clinicians: Licensed Mental Health Counselors ° Licensed Social Workers ° Psychologists
Role requires knowledge of psychological and therapeutic counseling theories, principles, practices, and techniques usually gained through degree granting schools and/or an equivalent level of practical knowledge gained through experience.
Must be able to train, assign, monitor and review the work of others. Contact with others require skill in understanding and/or influencing people and are important in providing client services, including skills of persuasiveness, assertiveness, and sensitivity to others point of view that are required to influence behavior, change an opinion, or turn a situation around. The counseling work is standardized in that tasks are covered by substantially diversified procedures and specialized standards and because of changing priorities or different situation, incumbents have the latitude to consider which of many procedures or standards should be followed and in what sequence. The counseling work involved differing situations requiring use of judgment in search for solutions or applications within ones’ known experiences. The role is performed in our Pompano Beach, FL treatment facility.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of psychological and therapeutic counseling theories, and practices.
- Knowledge of state or private care substance abuse facility processes.
- Ability to create and maintain electronic health and pharmacy records.
- Ability to evaluate patients and develop treatment plans.
- Ability to conduct individual and group therapeutic counseling sessions.
- Ability to organize and conduct training sessions and workshops.
- Ability to keep records and prepare reports.
- Ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing.
- Ability to establish effective relationships with other service providers and clients.
- Ability to train, assign, monitor and review the work of others.
- Ability to operate a computer, utilizing word processing and spreadsheet applications.
OPEN REQUIREMENTS/SUPPLEMENTAL INFORMATION:
Must have a degree or active field certification(s) from an accredited school related to, Social Work, Mental Health Counseling or a closely related field and at least one year of professional counseling and treatment experience in a substance abuse facility, clinical, or rehabilitative environment.
NOTE: Must be licensed as a Mental Health Counselor (LMHC), Social Worker (LSW), or Psychologists
HOW TO APPLY: Interested individuals may apply by filling out the form below and attaching an updated resume: