For many who struggle with an addiction to drugs and/or alcohol, finding the best treatment center and treatment options that best fits their individual and unique needs can be a challenge. In addition to trying to find treatment facilities that offer the best in therapy, medical care, coping skills training and aftercare programs, there are some addicts who are seeking a strong spiritual element as part of their addiction recovery program. For those who have strong Christian backgrounds, the Christian 12 Step programs that are offered may not provide enough of a spiritual base they need to help overcome their addiction. Fortunately, there are an increasing number of Christian drug rehab centers that are available for them to get the tools, guidance and support they need to overcome their substance abuse and grow as fully spiritual people.
If you are looking for drug treatment that features solid Christian values and treatment programming, call Ocean Breeze Recovery Center toll-free today at 1-855-960-5341.
What Are Christian-Based Substance Abuse Rehab Programs?
Those drug treatment centers which utilize a Christian addiction treatment model operate with the philosophy that effective drug treatment is possible by combining traditional alcohol and drug counseling the therapy programs with a Christ-centered teachings that are based on Scripture. This merging of these treatment and healing philosophies are provided in an environment which is welcoming and empowering which will give clients the feeling of unconditional love and acceptance through God. Ultimately, this love allows those who have been caught in the vicious cycle of drug and alcohol addiction the power to learn to forgive themselves for their addictive behavior. Additionally, these programs allow clients to also extend that forgiveness to others who may have harmed or hurt them.
The Benefits of a Christian Drug and Alcohol Rehab Center
For those individuals to undergo treatment at a Florida Christian drug addiction treatment center, there are a couple of major benefits this type of treatment facility can provide the drug addict or alcoholic. A Florida Christian drug rehab center operates from the same spiritual values the addict holds, and this will help the addict or alcoholic support and encouragement as they seek help with their addiction. Those attending Christian drug addiction programs are able to talk freely and openly to staff about their religious concerns as well as their psychological and physical needs. This is important if order for the addict to start the process of forgiveness from God for the way the acted towards themselves and others while under the influence of drugs and alcohol.
Secondly, when people attend a Florida Christian drug treatment facility, they encounter other addicts and alcoholics in the program that hold similar Christian beliefs and values. As a result, they will be able to form friendships and engage in fellowship with other believers who are going through similar experiences. This strengthens an addict’s faith and allows the addict to realize that many people who believe in God struggle with drug and alcohol addiction. Those who are in these types of drug and alcohol programs can also support and inspire others who are going through the program. Understanding faith in recovery is imperative to long-term sobriety.
After formal treatment concludes, those in recovery are able to continue engaging in fellowship with other group members in a number of aftercare programs. The continuing support gives meaning to their struggles with substance abuse and they may feel like they were chosen by God to help others who are suffering. In fact, after recovering with drug or alcohol addiction, many former addicts start believing that their difficulties were part of God’s plan for them.
What Are the Components of Our Christian-Based Drug and Alcohol Rehab Program?
If you or a loved one is considered entering a drug addiction program that is Christ-based, the Christian drug treatment program offered at Ocean Breeze Recovery Center offers you the following essential treatment services:
- Individual counseling that addresses shame, guilt and forgiveness in addiction and provides the life and coping skills necessary to deal with the challenges of day-to-day life.
- Primary group counseling sessions up to several times a week which are led by a Christ-centered counselor.
- Regular bible study to help clients explore God’s Word and apply God’s teaching to recovery.
- Step work which involves the Twelve Steps.
- Attendance at local church services to build fellowship and community.
- Family counseling and therapy
- Learning 12 step prayers & meditation
There are also group activities in which they may attend church services and even can participate in monthly baptisms and attend concerts and lectures featuring Christian artists and speakers. Our unique Christian treatment offerings are integrated with traditional treatment approaches which include:
- Medical detoxification services to help minimize withdrawal symptoms and assist you in getting to a stable and substance-free state.
- Dual diagnoses and treatment to help address your substance abuse and any co-occurring mental illness that may impede your recovery.
- The option of inpatient or outpatient treatment
- Cognitive-Behavior Therapy and other individual and group therapy options that can be individually tailored to meet your unique and specific needs.
- Aftercare programs which can include intensive outpatient treatment, alumni programs and sober living. Aftercare programs focus on relapse prevention education and continued support and motivation once you finish intensive inpatient treatment and are ready to transition back to your normal daily life and routine.
Additionally, these programs should feature low client-to-counselor ratios in order for you to get the attention and care that you need throughout the treatment process. Programming offered at a Florida Christian drug rehab also needs to be effective, proven to work, and delivered by experienced treatment staff who have many years dealing with all forms of substance abuse and addiction.
Call Ocean Breeze Recovery Center Right Now
Don’t put off your recovery for another day; call Ocean Breeze Recovery Center toll-free at 1-855-960-5341 for Christian drug treatment programs that will help you totally recover in mind, body and especially spirit. Our experienced staff offers all client a full continuum of care as well as a unique holistic treatment approach that will address the totality of your substance abuse. Call us right now and transform your life–right now.