Ocean Breeze Recovery Family Program
Addiction rehab family week at Ocean Breeze Recovery Rehab Center is a three-day educational experience for the patient’s family members who have been impacted by a loved one’s addiction to drugs or alcohol. Ocean Breeze Recovery is committed to treating substance dependence and addiction as a family disease.
Over a three-day period, family members will learn about the medical, psychological and emotional aspects of addiction and the addictive process. They will begin to develop new, healthy ways of coping with the disease. Participants of the addiction rehab family week, through a seminar and process group format, will learn about topics such as the addictive process and the brain, family systems and addiction, and address issues such as boundaries and managing emotions during this difficult time.
Patients and participants of addiction rehab family week may take part in a joint group effort near the end of the program, with the patient’s assigned therapist. All family members, spouses, significant others, or individuals who are close to the patient in treatment are welcome to attend the program. By learning how to focus on their own recovery and spiritual well-being, attendees can begin the process of healing and embark on their own recovery journey.
All Ocean Breeze Recovery clients’ family members are encouraged to participate in addiction rehab family week in order to obtain the full benefits of this comprehensive educational program. Family members are encouraged to actively participate and share their experiences with the facilitators and their fellow attendees and help create a truly interactive learning and growth experience.
Attendees will make their own transportation arrangements to beautiful Pompano Beach, Florida and Ocean Breeze Recovery addiction professionals can assist with finding appropriate lodging arrangements for the duration of their stay. Pompano Beach, home of Ocean Breeze Recovery, is a vibrant seaside community located 15 minutes north of Fort Lauderdale International Airport, located on the shores of the Atlantic Ocean. Ocean Breeze Recovery is steps away from sandy beaches, dozens of dining opportunities, as well as centrally located to all the major attractions in the South Florida area.
John W. McIlveen, M.Ed., LMHC received his Masters Degree from Florida Atlantic University, and is currently a doctoral candidate in Mental Health Counseling at Florida Atlantic University. He is a Licensed Mental Health Counselor, and has several years of clinical experience in treating patients with alcohol and drug disorders. John is the former Director of Assessment and Education and Associate Director of Research at a large treatment facility in Southern Florida, and is currently the vice president of McIlveen Associates, LLC. He additionally is a member of the American Counseling Association, the Association for Assessment in Counseling and Education (AACE), and serves on the AACE Diversity Committee. John has coordinated research studies on addiction, family systems, spirituality and mood disorders, has authored and co-authored numerous peer-reviewed articles and book chapters, and is a frequent presenter at national conferences and symposiums on these topics.
Family Week Rules
- Addiction rehab family week is a three-day seminar. The program begins with registration on the first day of the seminar. Please arrive after 8:00 A.M. and no later than 8:30 A.M. at the Ocean Breeze facility in order to complete the registration and payment process. During registration on the first day, all fees will be collected; payment may be made in cash, check, MasterCard, or Visa. All fees must be collected prior to the beginning of the seminar.
- No children under 14 will be allowed to attend these sessions due to the sensitive material that will be discussed. There are no child-care facilities available at Ocean Breeze. If you are traveling to the area with young children, please make arrangements for their care prior to your arrival for family week sessions.
- We ask that you refrain from bringing your family members any items (money, clothing, personal items, etc.) while you are attending addiction rehab family week.
- No drugs or alcohol are allowed on the facility; if you are taking prescribed medication that contains controlled substances, such as narcotics, please inform the group facilitator.
- If you are requesting a family session with your family member and therapist this must be done prior to the commencement of family week sessions so we can make the necessary arrangements.
- You will be allowed to spend two hours with your family members following the final day of the seminar. The visitation will be held in the facility. It is important that arrangements for this be made in advance of the family week sessions.
FOR THE BENEFIT OF ALL THOSE ATTENDING ADDICTION REHAB FAMILY WEEK AND OUR CLIENTS PLEASE UNDERSTAND THAT NO EXCEPTIONS TO THESE RULES CAN BE MADE.
For more information on addiction rehab family week and to find out how you can participate in this exciting program, please e-mail us at email@example.com. We look forward to seeing you here!