The staff at Ocean Breeze Recovery Center for addiction treatment is dedicated to making your transition into sobriety as easy and as comfortable as possible. To assist you in preparing for addiction treatment at Ocean Breeze Recovery we have gathered some helpful information and have also included our facility guidelines to help you pack.
What To Bring To Treatment
Forms of Personal Identification:
- Photo ID such as driver’s License or State Issued ID
- Insurance Card
- Living will or healthcare Power of Attorney
- The dress code for treatment at Ocean Breeze Recovery is casual, yet tasteful and appropriate.
- Suitable clothing includes jeans, casual slacks, sport shirts, skirts and dresses that are knee-length or longer, jogging suits, and appropriate-length shorts such as Bermuda/walking shorts.
- Inappropriate clothing includes low-cut tops, spaghetti strap tops, and any clothing that depicts alcohol, sex, violence, drugs, gambling, or sports teams.
- Swimwear, sportswear, etc. are only allowed for recreational and fitness activities and are not considered appropriate for therapy.
- Bathing suits for women should be appropriate. No high cut legs, thongs, or revealing tops.
- Bathing suits for men must be the boxer-type.
- Lightweight jackets and sweaters are recommended.
- Flat-soled or tennis shoes are recommended.
- Full laundry facilities and supplies are available for client use.
Determination of inappropriate attire will be at staff discretion upon admission. Any inappropriate clothing will be returned to your home address at our own expense.
- Alarm Clock
- Prepaid Telephone Calling Card
- Sunglasses and hat or visor (to be worn outside only)
- Any electrical items, such as hair dryers, curling irons, or electric shavers will be checked for safety.
- Reading material: please limit your reading material to recovery related items. All reading material is subject to review by the primary counselor
What to Leave at Home
Please note that upon admission, Ocean Breeze Recovery addiction professionals will conduct a routine inspection and check all of your personal belongings. We do this to protect our clients from contraband of any kind entering the facility. While preparing for addiction treatment, please do not bring any of the following items with you:
- Cell Phones
- Low-cut or revealing clothing
- Clothing with references to drugs or alcohol
- Clothing with racially or sexually offensive statements
- Tank tops, spaghetti straps
- Clothing with racial or sexual statements
- Excessive or expensive jewelry or other personal items.
- Reading material not related to recovery. All reading material will be assessed by staff upon admission.
- Shoe polish, soap, detergent, or bleach.
- Glass items.
- Straight razors, razorblades, pocket knives, knitting needles, crochet hooks, or metal hairpieces.
- Aerosol products, including deodorant and hairspray.
- Suntan oils or baby oils (substitute with lotions).
- Products containing alcohol (i.e., mouthwash, aftershave, perfume, etc.).
- Illegal substances or mood-altering drugs.
- Firearms and/or supplies.
Please speak with your admissions counselor prior to admission to discuss the medication protocol. Ocean Breeze Recovery’s admissions office can be reached at 855.262.2870.
In order to ensure a therapeutic environment, patients are encouraged to make phone calls only after the first 3 days of addiction treatment. Upon admission, patients are allowed to call (under nursing supervision) one (1) person (preferably a significant other) to confirm their safe arrival.
Mail should be sent to the following address:
c/o Ocean Breeze Recovery
2413 E. Atlantic Blvd.
Pompano Beach, FL 33062
No mail order packages will be delivered to patients while they are in treatment unless authorized by their primary therapist.